Fibercore is currently recruiting for three positions, one in our Sales department and two in our Production department. Please scroll down to find out about these roles.
Senior Applications Engineer
Homebased Office - US
If you are passionate about fiber optic technology and enjoy communicating about its’ benefits, then we might have the perfect role for you.
Fibercore is the global leader in the field of ‘specialty’ optical fibers. We are recognized as the go-to optical fiber supplier for high-end optical fiber products due to our consultative sales approach which aims to understand our customers’ applications and sell them the best possible product. Our innovative products are used in a diverse range of industrial sectors including: automotive, biomedical, aerospace, telecommunications, energy and fundamental research as key components for applications such as: driverless cars, surgical robots, aircraft stabilization and fiber lasers. We have a truly global sales approach where we export more than 95% of our production to around 50 countries Worldwide.
We are looking to recruit an experienced individual who has theoretical and application knowledge of optical fibers. The role would suit a fiber optics engineer with a desire to step across to a broader technical remit whilst gaining more commercial exposure, or a technical support engineer already embedded within a customer support role.
The role will be based from a home office, reporting to the Sales and Technical Business Development Manager or Senior Vice President of Sales, this full-time role is responsible for:
Technical support aspects:
- Direct phone, email and face-to-face communication with customers’ technical teams.
- Written and verbal technical support of Fibercore's international sales team and distribution network to ensure correct product selection for the customer's needs.
- Attendance of major international trade shows to assist with the sales effort on the trade show booth and presenting at technical conferences.
- Analytical work to identify customer problems or product performance issues and present these to the customer as well as Fibercore's production or development teams to enable a solution to be identified.
- Manage the sales front-end of the custom fiber development process and ensure smooth hand-over to the development or production teams.
- Writing internal reports and customer-facing technical marketing information.
- Assisting with product lifecycle management, including creating and updating internal and customer facing specifications.
- Input on new product direction.
- For major customers, there may be a requirement to visit their facilities and assist on optimizing processes within their production line, imparting Fibercore know-how for best practice.
The successful applicant must have a good university degree or higher in a science-related subject and have a strong technical and analytical ability. A minimum of 5 years’ experience with optical fibre is highly advantageous.
As this is a customer facing role, the ability to add technical value to customer projects will be essential, as is the ability to write technical documentation in a clear and easy to understand format.
Similarly, as the role will involve project work, the successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the ability to understand project requirements and business priorities, and be capable of running multiple projects and tasks both simultaneously and successfully.
To be successful in the role, these requirements should be underpinned by proven problem-solving skills from initial assessment to solution selection, strong attention to detail as well as good IT skills in data and project management, being computer literate in software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and CRM packages. Furthermore, excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to communicate effectively with all levels of the organisation will underpin the successful applicant’s ability to foster collaborative working relationships in order to deliver the requirements of the role.
Interested? If so, please apply with a CV and covering letter to: HR@fibercore.com
We look forward to hearing from you!
Optical Fiber Fabrication Technician
Fibercore is a market leader in the field of ‘Specialty’ optical fibers. Originally a technology spin-out from the University of Southampton and now celebrating over 30 years in business, we export more than 95% of our production to around 50 countries Worldwide. Our innovative products are used in a diverse range of industrial sectors including aerospace, telecommunications, energy and fundamental research – and have been deployed quite literally from Southampton to Mars!
If you are excited by joining a smaller but successful and ambitious organisation where you will make a difference, we would be very interested in hearing from you.
Reporting to the Production Manager, this full-time, permanent shift role is primarily responsible for the fabrication of preforms. Tasks include:
- Operating preform fabrication lathes;
- Following detailed product specification instructions;
- Handling chemicals under controlled conditions;
- Completing and maintaining logs, spreadsheets and databases as indicated in work instructions;
- Reviewing test data to maximise yield and indentify non-conformance;
- Strict adherence to health and safety guidelines and rules.
In addition, the successful applicant would be trained to operate the drawing tower including coating changes and set-ups for all fiber types which are released as ‘production-ready’, when cover is required.
To be considered for this position, we are looking for someone with a good basic education including 5 GCSEs (or equivalent), grade C and above, to include Maths and Science. You will also need to be able to understand written and verbal instructions in English, and be computer literate, familiar with Microsoft Office applications.
This role will suit you if you enjoy ‘hands on’ work and are detail conscious. You will need to be able to work to a high degree of accuracy, have manual dexterity and the ability to maintain concentration over long periods of time. Working as part of a small shift, good team work and effective communication with your colleagues will be essential.
As this job may involve climbing up and down the draw tower’s 20m of steps multiple times a day, the successful applicant will need to be physically fit enough to operate the tower and be willing to work under a minimum amount of supervision, often alone. Previous experience, and first aid training would be advantageous.
If you are interested in being considered for this role, please send your CV and a covering letter to HR@fibercore.com by 20th August 2021.
Resume/CV Submission Form
Please provide your information below and our HR manager will contact you
We don’t have any vacancies currently but if you would like to get in touch in case this situation changes, please send your CV/Resume and a covering letter to HR@fibercore.com, or fill out the form below.
With your agreement, we will hold your CV for up to 6 months, and you can see how we look after your data in our Applicant Privacy Notice